AWSC CALL DESIGN
About this Call
The Department of Sociology, Social Work and African Women’s Studies of the University of Nairobi, will hold a conference From November 20th to 21st 2021 on the theme: Women’s Economic Empowerment WEE): Theories and Practice
Who Can Submit
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars involved in research that is focused on women’s economic empowerment across Africa and the Global South. From this perspective we invite abstracts on or before 10th October 2021 and full papers by 30th of October from interested scholars / academicians, researchers, and institutions/ organizations on the following thematic areas:
- Affirmative Action Funds and Women’s Economic Empowerment in Africa and the Global South.
- Economic Stimulus Packages and Social Protection safety nets during the COVID-19 pandemic and their Implications for WEE
- National Budgetary policies, child care and women, work.
- Assessing what works for WEE in policy advocacy and strengthening women’s self-mobilization for WEE.
- Analysis of strategies that women’s movement used to strengthen self-mobilization for policy advocacy for WEE and learning from past experiences.
- Feminist Perspectives on Economic Development In the Global South.
- Women’s Economic Empowerment Indicators.
- Translating theories into practice in the field of Women’s Economic Empowerment.
- Lessons learnt from practical experiences enriching the theoretical perspectives
- Policy Advocacy Strategies to influence policies and programs and promote WEE: challenges and opportunities.
- Legal-legislative environment and Women’s Economic Empowerment.